GOAL SETTING: Goal Setting Tips for the New Year!
Who’s ready for a new year!? 2020 Has been a huge year for us all and I'm sure many, if not all of us, are ready to embrace a new year.
I thought I'd put together this post to help you set yourself up for a much better year ahead and gain clarity before you begin setting your specific goals for 2021. Too often, we feel pressured to get goal setting the moment we flip our calendars to January 1st but in doing so, we run the risk of setting goals simply for the sake of having new year's resolutions.
My intention is to help you get clear on your values and priorities, and make 2021 a year where you can show up feeling refreshed and clear of mind, as well as feel like you’ve left behind the things that no longer serve you from 2020.
I’ve created 10 powerful questions and prompts that I strongly encourage you to write down and reflect on. You can set aside some time to put the following into action but I recommend you don’t rush through it.
Rather than getting straight into goal setting mode, I invite you to first reflect and make sure that when it's time to set yourself goals that they are meaningful and you know there is a strong ‘why’ behind them.
This exercise is to help you see all the big changes you’ve made, how much you’ve grown, all that you’ve achieved or gotten through, and move forward into 2021 with greater awareness.
10 Questions / journaling prompts to help you get started:
- What are 3 things you learned about yourself this year?
- What did you change your mind about this year?
- What was your biggest personal change from January – December of this year?
- What brought you the most joy this year?
- Who or what are you most grateful for this year?
- What did you accomplish this year? Create an achievement list and reflect on everything you’ve done. This is a great way to celebrate all your efforts and learn to give yourself the time you deserve to recharge from a big year.
- Where did you direct most of your energy and was your attention consistent with your core values and top priorities in your life?
- What would you like to do more of going forward and why?
- What do you want to do less of in the coming months and why?
- Who in your life can be of support in helping you create a life that best serves you?
Wishing you a wonderful year ahead, filled with love, health and happiness!
Love, Jess x